Friday, September 10, 2010

September 10, 2010

My students continue to thrill me this year- what a great work ethic they seem to have!They are helping each other in class and are very focused on their academic performance, but are still willing to have fun. Students in my block 1 Spanish class today did fantastic on their oral presentations and finished them all! Students in my French I class today got about half way through the presentations, and my 4th block Spanish class will be doing theirs on Wednesday the 15th.

Students should be able to do the following orally, without reading:

greet someone
say "pleased to meet you"
ask someone's name and tell their name
ask someone's age and tell their age
ask how someone feels today and answer the same question
ask someone what they are like (personality or appearance) and answer the question
say good-bye

All of these skills are part of preparing for their Oral CRES. This is the same CRES that is given to HS students. Students have to get a 60% in the class and on the CRES to get credit. The first oral CRES will be given in October, and this oral evaluation is the first assessment leading up to that CRES.

Please don't hesitate to email me with questions. nissa.quill@fcps.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment