Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fun with Foreign Language

Mr. Haines has taught me how to use Glogster and I am now in the process of making my first glogs. These are prototypes of what I will want the kids to be doing in a week or so. I've scheduled time in the computer lab for us to work on them. Students will be making their first glog about their likes and dislikes.

You can scroll down to see my glog in French below. I will upload the Spanish one as soon as I tweek it a little bit more.

I created a cartoon using www.xtranormal.com - it's amazing. If you can type, you can make a movie!! And you can do it in many different languages. What a great opportunity for a student to practice his or her vocabulary by making their own cartoon/movie. Please check out the site and, if you feel comfortable, your child is welcome to make a movie/cartoon as one of their study diary assignments. Keep in mind that there may be some movies on the site that would be objectionable to you and don't let your student go on the site if you are not comfortable with it. I didn't see anything offensive when I was on the site- but I didn't look. Basically, if students don't search for anything, they won't find anything and I think it is an amazing tool for them to play and have fun while learning French or Spanish.

I had to use www.movavi.com to convert the video so that glogster could post it in my glog- so there were multiple steps to this. Regardless, it was a lot of fun and I just couldn't wait to share with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment